Photography Credit: Erin Jean Photography
Every bride wants to feel beautiful and confident on her big day. We have put together some of our favorite hair and makeup tips to make sure that you feeling your best. These will help you feel relaxed and make your day run smoothly!
- You should schedule both your hair and makeup trails. To ensure that everything runs smoothly on your event date, be sure to schedule a consultation and trail session with you makeup artist and hair stylist 1 – 2 months prior to your event. You will feel relaxed and will not be making decisions under pressure!
- You should know the hair and makeup time frame for each person. Day-of hair styling will take approximately 40 – 45 minutes per person, depending on the type of hair style. Makeup application take about 30 minutes per person.
- Make sure to schedule enough time for day-of applications. Once you’ve determined the time when you need to be ready, we suggest working backwards in 30 – 40 minute increments to determine an arrivals time for your beauty team. For example, if you need to be ready by 3 PM and have six applications/styles total, the start time would be 11 AM for hair and 12 PM for makeup.
- Always schedule the bride first. Contrary to what most people thing, it is actually best for the bride to have her hair and makeup done toward the beginning or middle of the timeline as opposed to the very end. In the (highly likely) event that things are running a tad behind schedule, you do not want your stylists rushing on the bride to finish in time.
- If you are hoping for some getting ready photos, the planned time slot for the bride’s hair and makeup should coordinated with arrival time of your photographer. The day will continue to run smoothly and photos won’t be delayed.
- On the day of, arrive with dry hair. If possible, wash hair the day before (not the day of) as the oils will help your style hold better. Also, arrive with a clean face but without moisturizer. Your makeup artist will apply primer before your foundation.
Article Contributed by: Sparkle Darling