You’ve tackled all the major items and even a lot of the minor ones too. And finally, you’ve found yourself in the last few weeks before your big day.
The likelihood is that you feel a mix of emotions. Excited for the day to almost be here. Frazzled at what seems like a never-ending to-do list. Flustered that you might be forgetting some tasks. Relieved that the planning is almost over…. Yeah, it’s a bit of a rollercoaster!
We’ve put together our top list of tasks that you need to make sure are taken care during those last few weeks before your wedding. It’s easy for a few things to get overlooked so we hope this helps you as you quickly approach your wedding day!
And we’ve included 1 bonus tip at the very end that is probably our favorite task to add to your list Scroll to the end to find out!
TASKS TO DO 1 MONTH – 2 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR BIG DAY
- Schedule your final dress fitting
- Send out rehearsal dinner & brunch/gift opening invites
- Find/Purchase: something old/new, something borrowed/blue
- Plan welcome bags for out of town guests
- Receive your final guest count
- Final Guest counts due to venue/s, florist, planner – along with final payments
- Assign seating arrangements
- Request hotel room listing report for welcome bag delivery
- Design/Finalize/and print your wedding day stationery items (programs, menus, place cards, seating chart, signage, etc.)
- Review wedding day schedule & share with vendors, immediate family, & bridal party members
- Give your photographer a “must take” list of photos
- Give your DJ/Band a “must play” and a “do NOT play” song list
- Obtain your marriage license
Our final task that we want to add in is maybe our favorite…. Amidst all the final planning and preparation of the last month don’t forget to carve out a little time for you and your fiance’ to have a date night, head out of town for a Saturday, or just spend a night in and turn off your phones. It’s so needed to “unplug” from all the wedding tasks and just relax and enjoy some time together. Trust us you’ll feel more refreshed heading into your big day!
Partner post: This post was provided by Sash and Bow Wedding and Events