WHAT A PLANNER DOES AFTER THE VENDORS ARE BOOKED
So your vendors are booked… Why do you need a wedding planner? Planning is so much more than booking vendors. After the perfect vendors are booked, the hard work begins…
FLORAL + DESIGN
• Meeting with the florist to execute the vision
• Come up with a layout design for the type of wedding you are having
• Design the perfect head, kings or sweetheart tables
• Talk about sweet treats/cake and how those are presented/displayed
• Floral reuse + transfer discussions
• Detailed place settings
• Instagrammable Photo Ops in room for guests + bride + groom
VENUE + CATERING
• Discussion on courses, number of servers, passed items, signature cocktails or ways to ease bar lines
• Attend tasting to discuss timeline of the Wedding Day + expectations of catering + venue
• Walk the event space + explain decor plan, what is coming in, when + how everyone will work together for a successful event
• Communication of music + audio/visual for the event – Who is MC? What sound system will be used? Will background music be needed if there is no live musician or cocktail/dinner music being played at that time?
• Dessert service expectations
• Beverage service including number of bartenders, bar locations for efficiency of service + coffee
• Late night snack coordination if using outside vendor
TIMELINE CREATION + DETAILS THROUGH DAY
• Who, what, when, where. There are so many details that go into a wedding day. Every wedding is different, with different details. We work with you + all your vendors well in advance to get the schedule perfect.
• Make a lasting impression – show your guests how organized + memorable this can be.
PAPER + ETIQUETTE – INFORMING YOUR GUESTS
• Assistance in ordering Save the Dates (it is just not a postcard – this is the first glimpse of the wedding to your guests!)
• Creating a wedding website + keeping it up to date with shuttle information, timelines, things to do in the area + registry (after all, this is the only place your registry should be listed – not on the invite!)
• Extensive etiquette on Invitations – mailing, design, proper wording + addressing services (the wedding invitation sets the tone for the event to your guests)
• The stationery doesn’t end at the invitations – we help you design seating charts, menus/ place cards, table numbers, ceremony programs, and welcome bag inserts (with important shuttle information for guests).
• Don’t forget a proper thank you must be done as well to all guests + vendors.
THE LAST MONTH
• Final details from vendors coming into place
• Final count received from RSVPs
• Layout finalization – final walkthrough of space + expectations from venue
• Menu, Seating Chart + Ceremony Program finalization
• Review hotel lodging lists + schedule transportation accordingly
• Welcome bag inserts completed now that transportation is scheduled – informing guests of all the weekend’s events
• Rehearsal Dinner + Welcome Celebration final details
• Last minute details + accessories/reminders to families
• Bridal party schedule (who has pics when + where)
THE LAST WEEK + THE DAY
• Double check every detail
• Deliveries to venue
• Deliveries to hotels
• Transportation communication
• Coordinate the rehearsal (help assist musicians timing + order of everyone down the aisle)
• Sourcing backup photo areas in case of rain
THE WEDDING DAY!
• Communication with bride/mom/groom + all vendors
• On site from setup to clean up to assist with every detail
• Photography sticking to the schedule – staying on time
• Transportation moving people accordingly
• Venue Decor + Floral setup as expected vision – last minute adjustments are always needed to make the vision come to life.
• Floral on Cake – Cake table decor
• Perfect Room lighting for ambiance (this takes work at most venues)
• Details set out: Place cards, table numbers, favors, cake knifes, toasting flutes, picture frames – incorporating all of your personal items that are not rentals
• Review of bridal party entrance, speech timing + execution in front of guests when the doors open to dinner with MC
• Review of plan with catering to ensure the best service from the kitchen
• First Dances coordination – perfect lighting, songs + location of special people during dances
• Transfer of gifts + personal items to hotel room by planner
• Supply kit for emergencies
• Takedown – making sure you are not left with a mess at the end of the night or the next morning.
• Assistance with reviews, deposit returns, decor rental returns
• Thank you assistance
• Making sure you have your pictures + videos