Selecting entertainment for your wedding can be confusing and overwhelming. One of the things that guests remember about any wedding is the music and dancing during the reception. They both help set the tone for the night. We have all been to that wedding where things went wrong, because the DJ talked too much and the music was way off. Our first suggestion is do not just go with your cousin because he happens to have an iPhone and a few speakers. Doing your research and finding the right fit goes a long way.
Shaun Anthony Signature Entertainment gave us an excellent list of the top questions to ask any DJ before booking.
- Do you DJ for a living or as a hobby?
- Will you be the DJ on the night of our wedding?
- Do you actually beat-match/blend the music in time and key. Or do you just fade from song to song?
- Where do you get your music from?
- How involved can we be in selecting music?
- How did you become a DJ?
- Do you bring back-up equipment?
- How would you define your “style” when making announcements?
- How long have you been in the business?
- What is included in your cost?
- Will we meet again before the wedding?
- Do you require a meal?
- What happens if you get sick or have an emergency?
Take time to make sure that the DJ knows your preferences and overall style. Communication is key to understanding the services that they are providing for you and what to expect on the day of your wedding. Bring this list when you meet with your DJ to ensure you find the right fit for you!